I have been away on a long holiday in Indian for almost four weeks. I got back last week and it has taken my system a few days to throw off the jet-lag completely and my internal thermostat to acclimatise to the massive difference in the weather.But am back now all refreshed and raring to go! So expect a lot of new and fun recipes, LOTS of travel posts and many photographs from my foodie and travel adventures – oh yes not to mention more exciting competitions, fabulous restaurant reviews and events that I will be going to soon – woohoo!
While I was in India I did a fair bit of travelling to Chennai, Pondicherry and shuttling between Mumbai and Pune. So all the resulting fatigue has taken it’s toll too.
Besides have discovered that I do have a fair amount of catching up to do with my blogging as well. hummm
So dinner the day after I landed had had to be a simple affair, because my body clock was still following IST. We decided to make a quick and super easy yet delicious Turkey, Ham and cheese tart using my own recipe. Hubster and me are both big fans of Jus-Rol as it really can save the day when things are crazy busy or plain lazy 😉
I have made a few minor tweaks to the original recipe but other than that it was smooth sailing. Here is my version:
- 320 gm Jus-Rol™ puff pastry ready rolled sheet
- 2 medium onion peeled & chopped fine
- 100 gm cooked ham diced
- 1-2 tbsp oil
- 3 heaped tbsp Gran Luchito smoked chilli honey
- 250 gm cooked turkey diced
- Salt & black pepper
- 75 gm grated Parmesan Cheese
- Heat oil in a large pan, gently sauté the onion until it is translucent, then add the diced ham and cook on a low flame for about 2 minutes. Meanwhile remove the Jus-Rol™ puff pastry ready rolled sheet and allow it to rest while the filling is being prepared.
- Add the turkey,season to taste and then add the smoked chilli honey. Stir continuously to ensure the chilli honey does not burn and cook on a gentle, low flame for a further 2 minutes.
- Prepare a baking tray by lining with a baking sheet and carefully place the Jus-Rol™ puff pastry ready rolled sheet onto the baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 220°C/(200°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas 7.
- Spoon out the turkey and ham mixture onto the baking sheet and sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese over the mixture.
- Bake in the preheated for 20 minutes and serve hot.
I remember going to buy Jus- Rol at a supermarket two years ago post Christmas and it simply wasn’t available anywhere. Clearly people had been smart and stocked up on this lifesaving fridge fav for all those leftover meals after the big day. And have since then made a mental note to stock up well in advance for future occasions. There have been numerous dinners and surprise tea time treats for unannounced but welcome visitors who have been fed piping hot treats with several hot cuppas thanks to that pastry roll lying in my fridge! So like many of my store cupboard essentials this is one of my life savers and will almost always be found living in my refrigerator.
I loved this recipe and now am looking forward to more experiments with Jus-Rol .
If you need more inspiration to get creative with Jus-Rol why not check out these gorgeous recipes on the Jus-Rol website ?
*With thanks to Jus-Rol and the PR team for sending vouchers to buy some samples of Jus-Rol for review . No monetary compensation was offered for a positive review. As always all opinions expressed here are entirely my own.
- emergency tart recipe
- Gran Luchito smoked chilli honey
- Ham and cheese tart
- ham and turkey tart recipe easy
- Jus- Rol blogger review
- Jus- Rol product review
- Jus- Rol review and blogger recipe development
- Jus-Rol Turkey
- Manjiri Chitnis
- Manjiri Chitnis Kulkarni
- Manjiri Kulkarni
- parmesan cheese
- quick and easy meal ideas
- quick dinner recipe
- recipe developer
- sliceoffme creative kitchen
- travelsfortaste cooks
- turkey tart recipe