As the nights close, comfort food tops my list of things I crave. And nothing spells comfort food louder than a warming curry and some rice with some spicy kebabs on the side. Problem is when these craving hit mid- week and I am simply too exhausted to make elaborate meals. That’s when I turn to my store cupboard for some help.
Loyd Grossman has come up with a new Limited Edition Mint Masala gravy sauce which I was sent to review along with some delicious naan , a bottle of Chicken Tikka Masala and boil in the bag Basmati rice all packaged in this beautiful box !
I wanted to create something easy to make using the Mint Masala Gravy sauce and came up a recipe for Minty Chicken Masala Kadhai – best served with some buttery warm naan!
Minty Chicken Masala Kadhai
Serves : 2
- 450 gm diced chicken breast
- Loyd Grossman Limited Edition Mint Masala
- 1 medium sized red onion
- 2 tsp Umami paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 dried Kashmiri red chillies
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Butter for the naans
- 1 large tbsp oil
- 2 spritz of oil for greasing the griddle pan
- 1 boiled egg
- 1/2 red onion sliced lengthwise to serve with the naan
- Wash and cut the chicken breasts into cubes.
- Coat the chicken with 300 gm of the Loyd Grossman Limited Edition Mint Masala for about 30 minutes.The yoghurt in the Mint Masala speeds up the way the way the spices are absorbed into the chicken
- Chop the red onion fine.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and when it is hot add the bay leaves and red chillies and saute till the bay leaf begins to change colour , then add the onions.
- Saute the onions till they turn pink and reduce.
- Then add some of the umami paste and 2 large tbsp of the Lloyd Grossman Limited Edition Mint Masala gravy sauce and saute for 2 minutes on a low flame stirring to ensure the onion does not burn. Season with salt. Take off the flame and set aside.
- After 30 minutes heat the griddle pan till its very hot on medium heat and spritz some oil on it.
- Drop the marinated chicken cubes on the pan.
- ‘Bruise’ the chicken cubes on the pan till they are grilled, flip and grill on the other side , repeat until cooked. Ensure chicken pieces are not too large as they will remain raw in the middle otherwise .
- Once cooked add them into the sauteed onion thick gravy sauce.
- Mix well and saute on a very low flame for half a minute.
- To serve heat some butter on a large pan and heat the naan till they are soft ,buttery and ready to eat.
- Transfer the Minty chicken kadhai into the shiny balti serving dish and place the halved boiled egg on top.
The fresh flavours of the minty gravy sauce are enhanced by the delicious umami onion gravy. Lap up the thick gravy and juicy ,tasty grilled chicken cubes with the soft warm naan, scooping up some of the soft boiled yolk as well… ummmmm
Vegetarians needn’t feel disappointed . Try the same recipes using Paneer or Indian cottage cheese, only thing is while ‘bruising’ the paneer on the griddle pan it has to be handled gently so as not to break the cubes and also while mixing it into the thick onion gravy it should be mixed with care.
GIVEAWAY for 2 LUCKY WINNERS !
WIN ONE OF TWO Loyd Grossman GIFT HAMPERS!
Each Gift Hamper contains LIMITED EDITION Loyd Grossman Mint Masala – 1 bottle , Loyd Grossman Chicken Tikka Masala 1 bottle, Pack of 4 naans from Loyd Grossman , one packet with 4 boil in the bag basmati rice pouches and a SHINY new BALTI serving dish – dishwasher proof.
How to enter the giveaway:
You too could WIN ONE of TWO of these beautiful hampers from Loyd Grossman , all you have to do is :
- Follow me on twitter – @manjirichitnis
- Tweet out the following – WIN 1 of 2 LIMITED EDITION
@loydfood Mint Masala Hampers with @manjirichitnis, Minty Chicken Masala Kadhai recipe bit.ly/1wrEdSD
- Leave a comment below telling me what is your favourite Indian food
Please have a read through the Terms and Conditions below:
- Winners will be picked using Random Number.
- Deadline for entering this contest is 8th November ‘2014 midnight GMT.
- Entry is open only to residents of the U.K except Scotland and Ireland.
- All entrants must be 18 years old and above.
- Two lucky winners will be chosen using random number generator.
- The giveaway prize is as mentioned in the post. Neither Lloyd Grossman or I am liable for any damage of hamper and / or contents in transit.
- Please allow a minimum of 15 days for delivery of the prize, which may reach earlier or later.
- The prize is as stated: no cash alternatives are available.
- I retain the right to DISQUALIFY any entrant who do not complete all the 3 steps mentioned above.
- The winner will be notified on 9th Nov’14 on Twitter by me and here on my blog post. I shall tag the 2 winners on Twitter via their twitter id’s . If you are declared as the winner you agree to allow me and Lloyd Grossman to contact you via email id to arrange for the gift hamper to be sent out to you.
- If the TWO winners fail to respond BY 12th Nov’14 then other winners will be chosen.
CONGRATULATIONS to the 2 LUCKY winners of this fabulous GIVEAWAY of LIMITED EDITION Loyd Grossman Mint Masala Gift Hampers!!!
AND The lucky winners are: *DRUMROLLS* …….
Claire Wilkinson – Twitter id
Michelle – Twitter id
*With thanks to Loyd Grossman for sending me a complimentary Loyd Grossman LIMITED EDITION Mint Masala Hamper . No monetary compensation was offered for a positive review. As always all opinions expressed here are entirely my own.