Come Summer and I am one happy bunny,more so because I really miss the omnipresent sunshine from back home in Mumbai city! But the one thing I love the most about the British Summer is the amazing BBQ’s we have ! Last years most fun barbie was at our friends place , we OD’ed on grilled seafood and Pimms – hoping to have a repeat of that this year !
Some friends have a BBQ planned for later this month but I couldn’t wait so got myself some lamb mince and decided to use some fresh mushrooms and add my own twist to the burgers with a bright red smoked sweet red pepper! My trusty old griddle pan at hand , I turned my tiny urban open plan kitchen into a tiny BBQ party venue!
Perfect time to use up some of the wonderful La Chinata smoked paprika powder.
- 500 gm Lamb Mince
- 1 bunch of spring onion
- 1 big sweet red pepper
- 250 gm button mushrooms
- 150 gm cherry tomatoes
- 3 tsp sweet paprika powder La Chinata
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 4 tsp coriander powder
- a large sprig of fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 tbsp chilli oil
- Salt to taste
- Flame roast the sweet red pepper on a gas flame, if you’re doing a BBQ ,first rub some oil and garlic paste onto it.
- After it has been roasted and cooled down a bit,peel off the skin and chop fine
- Chop the mushrooms to tiny bite sized pieces
- Finely chop the spring onions and cherry tomatoes
- Wash the lamb mince under a running tap by placing it inside a sieve.
- Mix the chopped smoked sweet red pepper, mushrooms,spring onions ,cherry tomatoes,rosemary,chilli flakes,sweet smoked paprika powder from La Chinata and coriander powder,paprika and salt.
- Knead all the ingredients into the mixture.
- Make mini burger patties by taking palm sized portions of this mixture and ty and pat them into roughly round shape.
- On a griddle pan add some chilli oil and place a few burgers on it. Cook them for a few minutes on one side and them flip and repeat.
- Serve the cooked lamb burgers inside wholegrain soft burger buns generously lined with butter , a thick slice of cheese, pickles,crunchy salad leaves and doused with ketchup. Or if you’d rather not then eat them plain – I did , served with some grilled button mushrooms and tender shoots of asparagus on which I slathered generous amounts of smoked paprika sweet chilli powder mixed with some oil and garlic paste – pure heaven!
The sweet smoked paprika powder gives the lamb burgers a definite sweet hot flavour and the others spices combine well with the vegetables.Its also a great way to get fussy eaters to eat veggies hidden in layers of delicious meat and spices. I would have loved to add some boiled green peas too, they would add more bulk and taste too.
*With thanks to La Chinata for sending samples for review.No monetary compensation was provided for this post.All views expressed are my own.
- Barbeque recipe ideas
- barbeque vegetables recipe
- big sweet red pepper
- button mushrooms
- cherry tomatoes
- chilli oil
- coriander powder
- garlic paste
- great BRITISH summer
- grilled seafood
- lamb burger patty recipe
- lamb mince
- Manjiris barbeque lamb burgers with a twist
- original recipe idea
- recipe development
- Red chilli flakes
- Smoky and Spicy Lamb Burgers
- spring onion
- Summer BBQ recipes
- sweet paprika powder La Chinata
- tender shoots of asparagus