Pomegranates – have always been tempted to buy them off the wooden fruit vendor handcarts at street markets in Mumbai. Growing up my mum would keep me engaged in her kitchen by assigning me the important job of peeling the fruit and collecting the shiny ruby red juicy insides in a clean bowl – waiting to be sprinkled over her many creations.
In supermarkets shelves here in London, it reminds me of home and I cannot resist buying the peeled ones for salads but making pomeo juice at home has always resulted in a rather messy end result.
Now highly coveted as a highly nutritious super food, packed with antioxidant vitamins C and K, minerals, antioxidants, and other unique plant phytochemicals – pomegranates are firmly a delicious part of our modern day diet.
POM Wonderful sent me a cute cocktail kit and I came up with this recipe for a warming cocktail with a kick of chilli :). My complimentary kit contains a cocktail shaker, measuring beaker, 2 cocktail glasses, cocktail muddler, 2 stirrers, ice-cube maker and bag of Wonderful pistachios.
POM Wonderful warming cocktail recipe
Serves :1 – Double up measurements for 2
- 250ml or 1 cup freshly squeezed pomegranate juice* or POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice
- 10ml concentrated cherry syrup
- ½ tsp of cinnamon powder
- 1 sprig of mint crushed
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 green chilli split lengthwise
- Ice cubes – I loved adding the cute heart shaped ice cubes made in the complimentary ice-cube maker sent to me as part of my cocktail kit.
- 1 sprig of mint
- Shake all ingredients together in a cocktail shaker and add a few f the chilli seeds from the split green chilli.
- Place a slit green chilli on the side of the glass and add a long stem sprig of mint inside the glass for garnish and style J
- Serve chilled.
TOP TIP from me: Chill the washed and dried cocktail glasses in the freezer for about 20 minutes before serving – the frozen glaze on the glass will look beautiful and the cocktail will stay cooler for longer allowing you to sip and enjoy your drink longer.
POM Wonderful COCKTAIL X 3 Giveaway
POM Wonderful have agreed to give 3 of my lucky readers one POM Wonderful Cocktail Kit each. Each kit will contain a cocktail shaker, measuring beaker, 2 cocktail glasses, cocktail muddler, 2 stirrers, ice-cube maker and bag of Wonderful pistachios.
How to enter the giveaway:
- STEP 1 :Leave a comment on this blog post telling me which is your favourite cocktail
- STEP 2: Like my Facebook page – sliceoffme and leave your facebook name as part of you comment.
- STEP 3: Follow me on Instagram (click on the hyperlink to find me on Instagram) and leave your Instagram handle as part of you comment
- STEP 4: Follow me on Twitter (click on the hyperlink to find me on Instagram) AND Tweet out the following (simply copy and paste !) #Win a #COCKTAILKIT from @pomwondeful enter at #sliceoffme blog http://bit.ly/1CStoJ9 #giveaway #sliceoffmelovesPOM
(I will find you on twitter via the hashtag #sliceoffmelovesPOM , so it’s not required for you to mention your Twitter id in the comments)
I will be verifying entries ,please ensure that you follow all of the of the above 4 steps , any step missed and you will be disqualified. All the steps are mandatory!
Please have a read through the T&C’s – will take just a teeny weeny minute !
Terms and Conditions:
- Deadline for entering this contest is 30th November ‘2014 midnight GMT.
- Entry is open only to residents of the U.K and all entrants must be 18’s old and above.
- THREE lucky winners will be chosen using random number generator.
- The giveaway prize is as mentioned in the post and will be sent directly as a free delivery to the winner by POM Wonderful and I, Manjiri, accept no responsibility for any disputes.
- Please allow a minimum of 28 days for delivery of the prize, which may reach earlier or later and is the sole responsibility of POM.
- The prize is as stated: no cash alternatives are available.
- I retain the right to DISQUALIFY any entrant who do not complete all the 4 steps mentioned above.
- The winner will be notified within 15 days of the closing date via the email id provided by the entrant .Winners names will be announced on this blog post and by me via Twitter. If you are declared as the winner you agree and allow me to pass on your email id to POM , and agree and allow POM and me to contact you to notify you in case you win.
- If the THREE winners fail to respond within 15 days then other winners will be chosen.
*With thanks to POM for sending me a complimentary POM wonderful Cocktail kit and vouchers to buy POM wonderful juice. No monetary compensation was offered for a positive review. As always all opinions expressed here are entirely my own. All images courtesy POM except one watermarked ‘travelsfortaste’.